The Hidden Toll: Recognizing The Signs Of Social Withdrawal
Social withdrawal implies ignoring people and staying out of things that someone used to enjoy before. When it comes to the extent of isolation it varies from minimum social interaction to complete isolation.
Signs of Social Withdrawal
Various factors might cause social withdrawal. For instance, it could sometimes include displaying a more reserved persona in social settings. Additionally, there can be entire avoidance of any type of social interaction.
Following are some instances of social withdrawal:
- Dodging social activities that the person used to enjoy before
- Avoiding socializing with others
- Giving reasons for being alone
- Being less chatty than others
- Avoiding circumstances where the person might have to meet new people
- Dodging open-ended questions and not starting conversations with others
- Unwillingness to try anything new
- Avoiding any unexpected circumstances
- Accepting tasks or assignments that require working alone
- Choosing to remain alone and do lonely things at home
So do you or someone you know have these signs of social withdrawal?
If so, then reach out for mental health professional’s help.
Thank you for reading ❤
This article is intended for educational and awareness purposes only. Please seek professional guidance for more information.
If you like colourful designs and French sayings-themed gifts, you can check out the Collections in my Redbubble Shop 🎁🥰
Want to know more about me, feel free to visit my Website