How Can You Identify Defensive Behavior
When someone is feeling hurt or humiliated, they might use defensive behaviour. The person might feel good about himself/herself temporarily but over the long term, they usually feel worse.
What are the signs that someone is defensive?
Although it’s not easy to identify defensive behaviours, however, there are some obvious signs that can help us to recognize defensive behaviours. For instance,
- Not being a good listener in a conversation
- Giving justifications if the defensive person is being criticized about something
- Blaming the other person whenever they are being criticized
- Trying to defend their actions
- Accusing the other person of doing the same thing
- Pointing out other person’s mistakes from the past rather than the current issue
- Telling the other person that their feelings are inappropriate
Speaking with a mental health professional can help with defensive behaviour issues. Also, therapy can help the person regulate their defensive emotions and communicate more effectively.
Thank you for reading ❤
This article is intended for educational and awareness purposes only. Please seek professional guidance for more information.
If you like colourful designs and French sayings-themed gifts, you can check out the Collections in my Redbubble Shop 🎁🥰
Want to know more about me, feel free to visit my Website
Not sure what to read next? I’ve picked similar articles for you:
8 Distinct Reasons Behind Defensiveness
The Psychology Behind The Defensiveness Response