10 Common Manipulation Tactics That You Need to be Aware Of
If you can identify the following manipulating tactics, it will be easier for you to be aware:
1) During disagreement or conflict, they attack you personally rather than disagreeing with ideas or points of view.
2) They yell at you or aggressively interrupts you
3) They act arrogantly, speak in a patronizing manner or behave in a way to make you feel inferior.
4) They deceive you or give you distorting stories to closely match the truth.
5) During conversations they completely change the subject or avoid answering questions. They might even try to answer with unnecessary back history.
6) They twist your words or purposely misinterpret your statements and try to portray you as a liar and villain in front of others.
7) They minimize your success or try to claim them to make you feel inferior
8) They purposely avoid addressing you by name or mispronounce your name, nationality, profession, or education.
9) They express their opinions with generalized phrases to give you the idea that its not their personal opinion, its the opinion of the majority
10) They use flattery and superficial charm, exaggerate your qualities and play with various emotions such as fear, jealousy, greed, and pride.
Try to notice these above-mentioned things, it might help you to detect any sort of manipulation tactic.
Thank you for reading ❤
If you need a bit of help or just want a productive discussion about subjects related to Business, English & Psychology, I would be glad to help you with my teaching session 📚💡
Want to know more about me, feel free to visit my Website
Not sure what to read next? I’ve picked similar articles for you: